Only eligible applicants will be registered. The eligibility requirements are as follows:-
- Aged 21 years and above on the date of application
- Born in Penang OR resident in Penang
- Registered Voters in Penang
- Working in Penang
- Husband and wife's income does not exceed RM 2,500.00 For Affordable House A maximum price of RM42,000.00;
- Husband and wife's income does not exceed RM 3,500.00 For Affordable House B maximum price RM72,500.00;
- Husband and wife's income does not exceed RM 8,000.00 For Affordable Housing C1 maximum price RM150,000.00;
- Husband and wife's income does not exceed RM 10,000.00 For Affordable Housing C2 maximum price RM200,000.00;
- Husband and wife's income does not exceed RM 12,000.00 For C3 Affordable Housing maximum price RM300,000.00;
- For the Type A / Type B Affordable Housing application, the applicant and spouse do not own a house in any state in Malaysia; or
- For the Affordable Housing Type C1, C2 and C3 application, applicants and spouses who own a house priced below the price of the Affordable Housing applied for (provided the previous home ownership is after 2008) are ELIGIBLE to apply.
For the civil servant category, applicants must submit a letter of support from the respective Head of Department.
For the Talent and Skill Group category, applicants must submit a letter of support from Invest Penang.
Documents that need to be attached with the application:-
- Copy of identity card of the applicant and spouse
- Copy of marriage certificate / Marriage registration
- If widowed / widowed, enclose a copy of Divorce Certificate (if divorced) or copy of Death Certificate (if spouse has died)
- Copy of CCRIS report of applicant and spouse (please refer to Bank Negara Malaysia nearest branch)
- Copy of SPR slip
- If working with government / private enclose the following documents:-
- Latest confirmation letter from the employer / Copy of basic salary statement and latest monthly fixed allowance of the applicant and wife / husband
- Copy of the latest EPF statement of the applicant and spouse
- Confirmation from the EPF office if not contributing
- If in business or self-employed, enclose the following documents:-
- Form-B-Business (IRB)
- Copy of Company Registration Certificate (SSM)
- Copy of latest EPF statement
- Affidavit of Income
- If not working, attach the following documents:-
- Latest Income Affidavit of the applicant and wife / husband
- Confirmation from the EPF Office if not contributing;
- Copy of OKU Identity Card (spouse and dependents if applicable)
- For residents of at least 5 years in Penang, please enclose the employer's confirmation document as proof.
In the event of a change of mailing address, the Administration shall be notified by filling out a change of address form.
The Affidavit of Oath shall be made at the Commissioner of Oaths gazetted by the Government. Declarations certified by other than those gazetted will not be entertained.